Shockingly, many people do not have a bar of real soap in their home. Many households have a “cleansing bar” or “moisturizing bar” some commercial products even state “rinses cleaner than soap”. These common commercial bars are actually not much more than a “detergent bar”. Unfortunately many people have not experienced the natural luxury of using a bar of real soap.
What does commercial soap lack?
- Whole natural oils.
What goes in commercial soap?
- Lathering agents and
What comes out of commercial soap?
Glycerin is a valuable commodity, it’s altered and processed into industrial lubricants, solvents, it’s used in the food industry and (get this) nitroglycerin for dynamite. It’s worth more to big companies to sell the glycerin than to provide us with whole nourishing soaps. In other words, it’s all about the biggest profits.
What is glycerin?
- Glycerin is a natural lubricating humectant, a sweet tasting by-product of soap.
- It’s found in whole natural oils
- It’s naturally occurring in handmade soap.
What does handmade soap lack?
- Nothing……except more people using it!
What goes into handmade soap?
- The care and passion of the crafter
- Small carefully crafted batches
- Whole natural oils
- Glycerin, which is naturally occurring in handmade soaps and left alone to do what it does naturally.
What comes out of handmade soap?
- Nothing, all the goodness that is put into handmade soap stays.
We all have choices when it comes to how we decide to care for our skin. If you are not using soap give it a try. I have heard many people say that once they try handmade soap they never go back to commercial cleansers. With that I agree. There is nothing better than feeling the creamy lather of a real bar of soap between your hands. Give it a try. You won’t be disappointed
Do you use soap or a cleansing bar? Dare to compare.
Love and Happiness