Melanie's Blog. Art, family, small farming, things that catch my eye.
Have something to say?
I have a friend bringing over 10 hens for us today. She was running a heritage chicken farm until just this week. She is due to have her 2nd baby and also teaches at UM, I think she has a bunch on her plate. I think she has all of her roosters processed and is just finding homes for the ladies now. I am getting a few more ameraucanas, a few Barnevelders, and some Brahmas. I’m pretty excited! I’ve never even heard of a Barnevelder.
I was tagged by acalmstrength42
1. I have one sister. She’s 3 years younger than me. When we were teenagers and kids I thought she was the most annoying thing in the universe. Now I realize she is a funny funny lady, one of my favorite people, and I miss her terribly since she lives in another state.
2. Recently I found I can’t drink black tea. It gives me the shakes. I can drink coffee, green tea, even diluted iced tea, but a hot cup of black tea makes me feel jittery and uncomfortable.
3. I had a blue headed pionus parrot (look them up!) before I met Michael. His name was Mickey and he told me he loved me everyday. I would totally have another one now that I’m more settled, except Michael hates birds. Also, my dogs would try to eat it.
4. In California my eczema started going away. It just came back with a vengeance.
5. People can be very shitty to each other. Just an observation, I guess.
I’m tagging EVERYBODY! Just do it.